Monday, January 2, 2023

I get to stay in Palmyra!

 Short email this week because of a busy pee day. 

I got transfer news! Sister Gillette and I are both staying in Palmyra! But our area is splitting ward and ysa. I'm over ysa now! And we are both getting new missionaries to train! So there will be four of us here! Fun stuff. 

This week we met a couple of Ukrainian kids, Anya and Anton, that go to BYU to study computer science. They are the biggest nerds I've ever met and so dang funny. Anyways. Their babushka lives with them and she isn't exactly aware of anything at all. Anya told us that they have to barricade the kitchen because babushka sometimes comes in and finds a bottle of lysol to drink. And then Anton said "Ya and I once found her sleeping in my bed. I shrieked." That's kept me laughing all week. 

Watch the Chosen 

Every person we teach is dealing with some of the most difficult challenges I've ever seen. Ranging from terminal cancer to broken families. I keep feeling like we find people in the worst moments of their lives. As I was thinking that the other day this scripture came to my mind. 

Mosiah 24:14
And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.

Ain't that the truth. 

I LOVE YOU I MISS YOU 

Read the Book of Mormon. Please. 

Love,
Paige 


Day four of tree in the walkway. Rage increasing. Likelihood of relocation decreasing.


Mary is the coolest person ever.




Tears from the eyes blood from the ears zoom in on the phone and the reason is clear.


Wings on new years eve of course.


Goblin


Silly Gregg











LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paige's Homecoming Talk

Good morning brothers and sisters. I'm Paige Lucas and I just got back from my mission last week. I’m super excited to be here and it...