Thursday, February 9, 2023

Crush it in Your Mind Vice

I never knew what it meant when my mom used to say "I am going to crush you in my mind vice" but I think I know now. 


First of all, everybody calm down. My companion is great. I shouldn't have said I was irritated last week. This is a no-drama zone. But! It has been a challenge! This week has been monumental. Breakthrough after breakthrough. And all because I told Sister Williams to crush Satan in her mind vice. 

Everybody listen up. This stuff really works. Close your eyes and picture yourself walking down a long dirt road. Oh no! A big boulder blocking your path! What are you going to do? Pick it up and crush it into 100 thousand pieces. The boulder can be literally any emotion you are struggling with. Just CRUSH IT. 

It completely worked for Sister Williams. She thought it was so stupid but then she did it and literally sighed with relief. She keeps saying she feels so light and happy. I have seen the craziest positive change in her. 

AJ. He is our coolest new friend. He asked US about BAPTISM. He also has an Indian accent. Please proceed to hear this email in an Indian accent. 

"Everybody in America does a little bit of work and then says 'I am depressed' What is this word depression? In India, there is no depression just work."

"My ex-girlfriend said to me 'you are a good guy AJ but you are going to Hell' and I said 'How can I go to Hell when I am already with you?'"

AJ just going in with a flame thrower! What a roast!!

SOMEONE GAVE ME A GUITAR???????????????????????

No for reals. That is a miracle. Last Monday I was struggling with the fact that it is winter in New York. I literally said the words "I really miss my guitar. If I had it I would be much happier." Later that day someone told me that the last time we spoke the Holy Spirit told him to get me a guitar. I will forever be in debt to William Robinson. And GET THIS. He goes to Cross Creek Church. What a twist. 

The moral of the story is, missionary work is great. I love it so much. I am happy to be alive. Jesus lives and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true. 

Please please do not forget to pray and read your scriptures. You need Jesus. 

I LOVE YOU I MISS YOU KEEP THE FAITH JESUS IS COMING 

Jacob 3:2
2 O all ye that are pure in heart, lift up your heads and receive the pleasing word of God, and feast upon his love; for ye may, if your minds are firm, forever.

This is from Paige's Mom: I never told Paige I was going to crush her in my mind vice. We only crush problems and Satan in our mind vices because crushing normal people is wrong and would be a little monstrous. Also, contrary to the following quote, I think therapy can be helpful for anyone with a specific issue, but maybe isn't a great way of life. 

Here's the original quote from the show 30 Rock:
I believe that when you have a problem, you talk it over with your priest, or your tailor, or the mute elevator porter at your men's club. Then you take that problem and you crush it with your mind vice. But for lesser beings, like curly-haired men and people who need glasses, therapy can help.
Jack


We saw 9 deer in the sacred grove. 
Tina, dorian, Lucas, Patricia, Melissa, bear, Rudolph

S.G. With Sis. Willy


The sun came out :)






Bom vids and lunch



Warm day in the sacred grove.






Fit check goodwill haul pt 1



Cutest little soccer moms.



Sumthin big lives round here.




Our friend AJ is having girl problems and so after our lesson he texted us this picture and said "my new girlfriend" he also has an Indian accent. So funny

Our friend AJ is having girl problems and so after our lesson he texted us this picture and said "my new girlfriend" he also has an Indian accent. So funny.



They tell me I have an intense smile.



Our friend AJ is the sweetest of them all


Have fun in cancun.


She wants to sing in church 🤯 that confidence came out of nowhere.




This man bought our groceries🐐

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paige's Homecoming Talk

Good morning brothers and sisters. I'm Paige Lucas and I just got back from my mission last week. I’m super excited to be here and it...