Monday, February 13, 2023

Goodbye Sister Gillette

Hey Guys (I don't know if my mission is the only one that does this, but we are not supposed to call each other "guys" so I am trying to call other people "guys" so I don't forget how to talk like a regular person. It kinda feels like a swear word right now and I don't like that).

This week was pretty slow but I sure am happy to be alive. The sun came out :D.

Sister Gilette is sadly on her deathbed. She will depart to the next life on Wednesday. Goodbye Sister Gillette. You have truly become a best buddy. <3

In other news, our friend asked for my hand in marriage via a hallmark card. Blush. (See my Google Photos album for a pic).

I am extremely frustrated right now. My phone is lAGgiNg. 

I have been humbled. Two of the shiniest people I have ever seen walked into church yesterday. A couple from the high council. The husband asked me where I am from so he could see if he owned a hotel there. In my head, I was like simmer down money bags who do you think you are. And his perfect wife just sat there with her sparkly smile. Then. They got up to speak. I kid you not, the spirit was like Sister Lucas who do you think YOU are? Amazing talks from two extremely humble, resilient people. This is some of what they shared:

2 Nephi 28:21-22

21 And others will he pacify, and lull them away into carnal security, that they will say: All is well in Zion; yea, Zion prospereth, all is well—and thus the devil cheateth their souls, and leadeth them away carefully down to hell. 
22 And behold, others he flattereth away, and telleth them there is no hell, and he saith unto them: I am no devil, for there is none—and thus he whispereth in their ears, until he grasps them with his awful chains, from whence there is no deliverance.

Do not let the devil pacify you.
Do not let the devil lull you.
Do not let the devil flatter you.

He is constantly whispering lies into your ear. Stop listening.

I love you all so much. I miss you. Send me pictures!!

Love, 
Paige










Making pancakes is like sports for me. No matter how hard I try they always look silly.






Sister Freeman's shirt unfortunately










No comments:

Post a Comment

Paige's Homecoming Talk

Good morning brothers and sisters. I'm Paige Lucas and I just got back from my mission last week. I’m super excited to be here and it...