Monday, January 9, 2023

Spiritual Invincibility

 Hello. 

We're just knocking. 
Someone answers the door and tells us they're not interested. 
All right.
Walking away.
Then someone starts screaming profanity at us from the house.
Oh well.
We walked by again 15 minutes later. She runs outside, jumps in her car and lays on the horn. 
Oh boy. 
Then. Best of all. The voice of a woman who has been smoking since birth calls out from a distance. Maybe 50 yards away. 
"WANNA BEER?????????"
Tempting. 
Just kidding. 

This week has been quite awesome. For half of it I was in a trio with Sister Gillette and her new companion Sister Freeman. Potentially a Soul Sister. 

Then my sweet darling new companion got here on Saturday and I just feel completely honored to be trusted to train someone as spiritually strong and kind as Sister Williams. I have a lot to learn from her and I am very grateful for her. 

The area is doing alright but it's been pretty neglected for the past three months so. We have lots of work to do! 

Mwahaha, I have a car now. 

Last night we watched a YSA Devotional with Elder and Sister Holland and holy smokes. Here are my takeaways. 
- Every day we go off to war with Satan. Our weapon is hope and we are guaranteed victory. So basically, we have 
S p i r i t u a l  I n v i n c i b i l i t y 

There is nothing more powerful than a testimony of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for every single interaction I have with people every day because I can feel the spirit flowing through me to them. People just cry to us. 

Just now, we met someone at Walmart that is a pasture. He said he could tell we were doing the Lord's work based on the countenance of our faces. This church is true. This the work of Jesus Christ. Being a missionary is the greatest blessing and privilege of my life, besides being part of my amazing family. 

I LOVE YOU I MISS YOU 
Keep the Faith and keep moving forward. 

Love,
Paige


Oh and that is my companion stuck at the mtc with the flu. 




Free dinner






We watched the ysa devo!




I am eating so good




Just look at this


DaVinci

No comments:

Post a Comment

Paige's Homecoming Talk

Good morning brothers and sisters. I'm Paige Lucas and I just got back from my mission last week. I’m super excited to be here and it...