I'm more than halfway done with my mission and I didn't even realize it. The days just snap by faster and faster and one day there won't be any left! I'm having a midlife crisis apparantly.
Nah. I'm just so happy to be alive. My brother Lance started his mission today and so did my cousin Chase!! I am so proud.
Listen. Missions are hard yes. You have to learn to rely on the Savior as your primary source of strength. I'm learning that more and more. He is the only one that understands and is capable of healing you. He's the only way.
We found 18 new friends to teach this week. Can you believe that? The new Preach My Gospel is fueling miracles instantly. I'm grateful for our Prophet and Apostles and modern-day revelation.
Please pray for our sweet friends scheduled for baptism. Oscar and Doug!! They are wonderful and have grown so much as they convert to discipleship of Jesus Christ. As usual. I am amazed.
We had transfers this week and I get to stay in Batavia with my sweet new companion Sister Russell!! Pray for her too, please. She's brand new to missionary work!
Today I have been thinking about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Redeeming and enabling. "Father if it be possible remove this cup from me, nevertheless, not my will but Thine be done."
Most of the time life isn't about what we want to do. It's about what we need to do, what we can do, and what we will do, to let God prevail. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, my ways are higher than your ways, and my thoughts higher than your thoughts."
He always knows better. We need to trust him and do his will whether we want to or not. Otherwise, we miss it. We miss the whole point.
My emails are becoming more like journal entries. I'm sorry I hardly share any stories these days. They are all just examples of the same principle that God is in every detail of every one of the lives of his children. Missionary work truly is His work.
Don't forget who you are! One of those precious children!
I love you!! I miss you!! Pray!! Read the scriptures!! Feed your soul!!
Doug
The Parkers
Goodbye S. Walker
Goodbye s. Curzon




.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment