Monday, June 12, 2023

Hey

This week was really good. Nothing too crazy happened. All I can say is that God is good. I love the Batavia branch. It's the coolest thing in the world to see my family. 

I love Jesus Christ. 

Throughout this week I have been pondering about repentance and the Atonement of Jesus Christ. One of our friends wondered how you can ever know if you are placing your faith in the right place. I told him that you can confidently place your faith in Jesus Christ because, through repentance, you can literally feel the effects of sin and weakness lifted out of your chest. Proof that the Atonement is real. I feel it every time I repent. A fresh start. Perfect forgiveness. You can try to justify guilt into oblivion but it never goes away you just get used to the feeling of it. That is a weight that nobody has to carry. I know because I've felt it taken away from me. 

"There is no other way nor means whereby we can be saved" 

- Somewhere in the Book of Mormon

Jesus Christ is literally the answer to every difficulty in life. He is real. He is tangible you just have to look and feel and focus. 

Read your scriptures! Pray! Go to church! If you do you'll feel it too. That's a Lucas guarantee. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Paige's Homecoming Talk

Good morning brothers and sisters. I'm Paige Lucas and I just got back from my mission last week. I’m super excited to be here and it...