We parked our car where we always do to knock on doors in a neighborhood nearby. When we got out of the car there was some of commotion. In the midst of a small crowd was a man with a flame tattoo covering half his face. We smiled. He smiled. We walked away. Moments later we heard the soft voice of a girl in the distance yelling hello to us! She was standing by the man. We went back. He was a lost, but not forgotten, member of our church. He is in a band. Surging Motion. He is a priesthood holder and he still thinks about the day he went to the Temple. The man's name was Billy Blackshear. Billy's back baby.
Monday, May 15, 2023
Billy Blackshear
"I moved back to New York and all my friends were dead and gone... oh well! :)"
- Doug
"Now you don't want one of those things as a pet...*looked at our confused faces then elaborated*... a coon. I would know."
- Doug
I wish you all could meet Doug. Please pray for him to continue to want to be baptized on Sunday!!
A whole entire family we are teaching finally came to church yesterday and to say my joy was full would be an understatement.
The work here is literally on fire. We have found the most wonderful people in the whole world just ready to accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love them all.
Happy late Birthday Sister Sierra Violette.
Sister Walker spent an entire day interrogating me and making fun of me about how many squares of toilet paper I use per trip to the loo.
Coulda done without that.
Overall, was a really great week. I laugh so much. I've never seen so many riding lawnmowers for suburban yards in my life.
I got to spend mothers day with Mammas! She's the best! And my aunts and cousins too!! Woohoo.
The Book of Mormon blows people's minds. Read it so it can blow yours too. That Book is so darn true.
I LOVE YOU I MISS YOU
KEEP THE FAITH
Please pray for our sweet friends. Especially Doug, Ashley, and Dilicia!
Doug's bike. He rides around with his dog in the basket. Quotes from the lesson: "I moved back to New York and all my friends were dead and gone.......oh well! :)" Doug- "Now you don't want one of those things as a pet...I would know" Us-...what? Doug- "A coon" Us-"Do you know what it means to repent?" Doug-"Do I officially know what it means?"
They all came to church!
Derek, Amy, Paige, Cameron, Mammas, Derick, Olivia, Alysia, Stacey, Logan, Henry, Kelly, David, Wade, and Tori
Billy Blackshear (right) and Surging Motion. Kage Hulsholf (my long-lost uncle) is in the middle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Paige's Homecoming Talk
Good morning brothers and sisters. I'm Paige Lucas and I just got back from my mission last week. I’m super excited to be here and it...
-
The sun came out. I'd be lying if I said I didn't cry. This week we got to shovel poo again for a couple hours. We also got to gro...
-
A bee just flew into my house! Greetings. This week was once again phenomenal. Let me see here. This week I learned a lot from the Book ...
-
I never knew what it meant when my mom used to say "I am going to crush you in my mind vice" but I think I know now. First of all...






No comments:
Post a Comment