Tuesday, November 22, 2022

BAPTISM!

 Oh boy. 


It has been quite a chaotic day. Give missionaries free time and they forget how to exist like a normal person. 

This week was extremely awesome. Our friend Simon got baptized. He was on date before I got here but I did get to teach him these past couple of months and let me tell you he was so ready. I've never been to a baptism where I felt the spirit so strong. He bore his testimony afterward and could barely even speak because of the spirit he felt. Everyone else in the room felt it too. It is a miracle and a blessing to be able to witness someone making a covenant with God. Just being the smallest, tiniest part of it majorly strengthened my testimony. THAT IS WHY I'M HERE. It makes it all so worth it. Even as I write this email in a random laundry mat in the boonies of NY, I can still feel that spirit, and I'll definitely never forget it. 

Why do people here have so many cats?30? Really? (True story) 

It's getting pretty chilly around here. I got myself a massive coat. I am grateful for changing seasons though because missionary work can be repetitive. But at the same time, every day is completely different. iykyk

HAPPY THANKSGIVING. My favorite holiday. I am thankful for:

My Savoir 
My Family
My Friends
The Scriptures  
My mission
The temple 
Everyone in Palmyra 
The sacred grove and other sights 
Service 
Music 
Messenger 
Food 
Food 
Food 
When we occasionally have clean dishes 
Hikes 
Thrift 
My camera 
Sister Gillette 
My Bed 
Area book 
Sunsets
Mountains 
The ocean
Etc.

Special shout out to my siblings Lance, Sammie, and Faith. They don't read my emails, but I miss them a lot, and they make me laugh. Best buddies. My parents too. Beth, Justin, how are ya?        
3 Nephi 27
21Verily, verily, I say unto you, this is my gospel; and ye know the things that ye must do in my church; for the works which ye have seen me do that shall ye also do; for that which ye have seen me do even that shall ye do;
22 Therefore, if ye do these things blessed are ye, for ye shall be lifted up at the last day.

Sorry, this email was a bunch o random thoughts. I love hearing from you all!!

I LOVE YOU I MISS YOU!

Love, 
Paige 

She reminds me of someone who would be in a dr sus book/movie

Our food is getting cold unfortunately


I bought this beanie today but I think it might look stupid.


Exchange with sister Kingsford!


I was like "$5.50 for a scoop of ice cream on a brownie? That's ridiculous." Then they brought out two of these puppies


Phone lessons really do be like that sometimes


Fit check?


Two months marked by the worst chicken nuggets I've ever had :)



Our submission to the thankful tree competition that we already lost because we submitted it very late





Simon got baptized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🏊‍♂️




Sleepover!


Cleaning at the temple




Exchanges


No comments:

Post a Comment

Paige's Homecoming Talk

Good morning brothers and sisters. I'm Paige Lucas and I just got back from my mission last week. I’m super excited to be here and it...