Monday, August 28, 2023

I made it

Thank you for all the birthday wishes! I did it! I made it to 20!!! 

This has been an excellent couple of weeks. I love Batavia. 

Miracle #1 a little boy in our branch decided all by himself that he's ready to be baptized on September 10th! So we've been teaching him and he knows all the answers!! 

Miracle #2 Last night I knew. I just knew that we would find some amazing people. We prayed so hard and went to the street I felt so inspired to go to. We even prayed to know the exact house. We knocked a few and ended up across the street from a nice blue one. I KNEW that was the one. I could feel it in my bones. When we knocked on the door I got goosebumps. They invited us right in. A family of 5 looking for a church. Get this. They had already been to our church and met with the missionaries in the past. It was just kismet. I was in awe the whole rest of the night just basking in God's guidance. 

Miracle #3 my birth was on August 22nd, 2003. Jk!! ;) 

I am so grateful to be here. A lucky duck for shore. My family threw me a birthday party. My aunt Amy made the best lasagna ever. Ever. And my grandma made the most exquisite chocolate cake I've ever had the privilege to consume. I'm still dreaming about it to this day. 

We got to go to Palmyra thrice this week! The spirit of the restoration has converting power. Our friends are like "Wow it's so peaceful here." No kidding. 

We also had the sweetest dinner with some of my 3rd cousins that we found knocking doors and the rest of their family. It was so cool to see how we were all connected. We even got to tell them about our Temples. 

All in all. Life is good. Jesus is real and he is perfect. So perfectly loving. 





This man appeared on our balcony during personal study 






From Grandma Nancy: "You know if I was there I would be happy to do the dishes! :)"




Teenage Paige is 💀












Dinner at gmas 🤑












When your friends mom posts this on the day he was supposed to get baptized 😢 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Paige's Homecoming Talk

Good morning brothers and sisters. I'm Paige Lucas and I just got back from my mission last week. I’m super excited to be here and it...