Monday, May 29, 2023

Happy Memorial Day

 We were driving down the street and there was a man walking down to the side of the road so of course, we stopped and invited him to church. We do that a lot but no one has ever come because of it. Sunday morning guess who walked in! The guy! Matt! And he's so cool!!

We were driving down a highway at dusk and I had the thought not to put on cruise control(I always do because I have a speeding problem). So I didn't put it on and I started paying better attention to the road. A few seconds later the headlights of an oncoming car made it look like there were deer running across the street so I slowed down. No deer that's weird. Except for another few seconds later, there were deer! Practically invisible until I was like two feet away! I was able to stop in time only because I listened to the warnings from the Spirit. God is good. Listen up. 

Did you know that the Prophet Alma simply disappeared? "And it came to pass that he was never heard of more...for this cause, we know nothing of his death and burial"(Alma 45:18)

We met the coolest people in the world. Perfectly prepared for the gospel by God. Unfortunately, a few months ago their house burned down. They lived in the middle of nowhere. We never would have met them. Now they live next door to a member. (I'm not saying it's good that their house burned down. I'm just saying it's cool that we found them.) So we taught them the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ and they loved it!! Then somehow the word of wisdom came up and the lady literally said "That's crazy because for a while now I've felt like God has been telling me to quit drinking coffee." 

You just get all my stories today because we're waiting for a parade to start. 

My brother Lance doesn't read my emails but shout out to him for his award!! 

I am so grateful to my parents and everyone who has taught me the gospel. I know Jesus Christ lives. I am who I am because of my faith and my church and my Savior. There is no greater blessing in the world than being a part of His church. I am so spiritually filled and joyful. This is the life. 

I love you all and I miss you very much but there's nowhere else I'd rather be!! Batavia rocks I'm never leaving.



Baby Lena!







Thank you mom for teaching me how to make the best cookies I've ever had.


Sister Walker found those in a walker



Mall Day





Sweet sweet Florence's house






Church with Mammas



No comments:

Post a Comment

Paige's Homecoming Talk

Good morning brothers and sisters. I'm Paige Lucas and I just got back from my mission last week. I’m super excited to be here and it...